Do You Lose All Of Your Books If You Deregister A Kindle?
What Happens If I Deregister a Kindle?
Deregistering your Kindle can be done easily in just minutes, yet it’s essential that you understand its implications as this could have some significant repercussions.
This article will outline what happens when you deregister a Kindle, as well as the steps necessary to protect both its content and account information.
What Is Deregistration (or Delearn Registration)?
Deregistering your Kindle means cutting off its connection with Amazon, meaning that none of the content purchased through them, including books, magazines, audiobooks and movies will be accessible anymore.
Your Amazon account also gives access to features, such as Whispersync, which allows you to sync reading progress across devices.
Why Would You Need to Deregister Your Kindle?
Deregistering your Kindle can be beneficial in several situations. For instance, if you’re selling it, deregistration must occur before giving it to its new owner.
Deregistering your Kindle can also help protect content and account data if there are problems with your account, for example if you’ve forgotten your password or it has been hacked – deregistering can protect both.
What Are My Content Options When Deregistering My Kindle?
Deregistering your Kindle does not delete its contents; rather, they will simply become inaccessible and will no longer be accessible from within your device.
If you want to preserve your content, it will be essential that it is either downloaded to another device or saved onto your computer.
How to Deregister Your Kindle
To unregister your Kindle, log in to your Amazon account and visit the Manage Your Devices page.
- Once on the Manage Your Devices page, locate your Kindle and click on its Deregister button to permanently deregister it.
- Once prompted, enter your password and then confirm your desire to unregister the device.
- Click on the Deregister button again to complete this process.
- What to Do Once You Deregister Your Kindle
- Once you’ve deregistered your Kindle, take some steps to safeguard both its content and account details.
- First, download any content you’d like to keep onto another device or back it up onto your computer.
Next, change your Amazon password in order to keep your account secure from unauthorised access. This can prevent anyone else from breaking in or accessing it inappropriately.
Make sure your Amazon account is protected from hackers by activating two-factor authentication. This will add another layer of protection by requiring an extra step when signing in: entering a code from your phone in addition to your password.
Deregistering your Kindle can be done quickly and efficiently in just minutes; however, it’s essential that you understand its implications as doing so could have lasting repercussions.
If you’re selling or having problems with your account, be sure to deregister your device before taking any other actions. This will protect both your content and account information.
Q: What happens to my content if I deregister my Kindle?
Your content won’t be permanently lost from your device; rather, it will no longer be accessible. To preserve it for posterity’s sake, download it to another device or back it up onto a computer before the deletion occurs.
Q: How can I download my content onto another device?
To transfer content from one device to the other, follow these steps:
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Navigate to the Manage Your Devices page. 3. Locate the Kindle you would like to transfer content onto. 4. To transfer, click the Actions button and then “Download & Transfer Your Content”. 5. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to complete your download of content.
Q: How can I back up my content onto my computer?
To back up your content onto your computer, follow these steps.
- Connect your Kindle to your computer.
- Navigating to the Kindle folder on your computer, 3. Copy the Documents folder over to it, and 4. Disconnecting from both devices.
Q: What happens if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, follow these steps to reset it:
- Navigating to Amazon website. 2. Clicking Your Account,
- Navigating to Need Help and 04. Click Password Assistance
5 Once on Password Assistance page follow instructions shown on screen in order to reset password.
Q: I think my account has been compromised
If your account has been compromised, deregister and change your Kindle password immediately before activating two-factor authentication for your Amazon account.
Q: I recently unregistered my Kindle; what should be next steps?
After unregistering your Kindle, take these steps to safeguard its content and account data:
- Change your Amazon password. 2. Activate two-factor authentication on your Amazon account. 3. Save any content that you wish to keep onto another device or back it up onto your computer.
By following these steps, you can help safeguard your content and account data after deregistering your Kindle.
Related : U Verse Espn3 [Read More]