Firestick Says Network Disconnected But Internet Working
Why Does My Firestick Keep Saying Network Disconnected?
If your Firestick keeps reporting “network disconnected”, there are some strategies you can employ to address the issue.
Evaluate Your Internet Connection
As soon as you log on, make sure your internet connection is operational by turning on and reconnecting your router, or by restarting it if applicable.
Inspect Your Firestick Network Settings
Next, review your Firestick’s network settings. Verify that the correct network and password have been chosen; additionally you could try changing its DNS settings.
Restart Your Fire Stick
If the issue still persists after checking both your internet connection and Firestick network settings, try restarting it. To do so, hold down the power button for approximately 10 seconds until the device powers down, before turning it back on to see if that solves the problem.
Factory Reset Your Firestick
If all else fails and you still encounter issues with your Firestick, resetting to factory may be the answer. While this will erase any data stored on it, make sure any essential files have been backed up prior to undertaking this procedure. To factory reset your Firestick simply hold down both buttons of your remote control simultaneously for around 10 seconds until it starts reseting.
Contact Amazon Support Services for Assistance
If all these steps fail and you still experience issues with your Firestick, Amazon support might be able to assist in troubleshooting it or send you out a replacement unit.
Here are a few additional tips that may help prevent problems with your Firestick’s network connection:
To ensure your Firestick works optimally, place it within range of your router. Avoid power strips or surge protectors with your Firestick. If there are many devices connected to your network, try using a different channel for your Firestick. Stay up-to-date on its software update by keeping your Firestick updated.
Hope this article has provided you with the answers needed to resolve the network connection issues on your Firestick. For further questions or comments please feel free to post below.
Here’s more information as to why your Firestick may be showing “network disconnected”:
- Weak Wi-Fi Signal If your Firestick is too far from its router, it may not receive enough signal strength to connect. Trying moving closer or using a Wi-Fi extender might help.
- Interference: Other devices that use Wi-Fi, like microwaves and cordless phones, may interfere with your Firestick signal. Try moving these devices further away or switching off when using your Firestick.
- Network Congestion:** When there are too many devices connected to a network, it can slow down internet speeds for everyone. Try disconnecting some that you are no longer using and see if that helps.
- Router Issues If your router is outdated or malfunctioning, it could not provide enough of a signal to your Firestick. Rebooting or upgrading could help provide better connectivity – or consider purchasing a newer model altogether.
- Firestick Problems If your Firestick is old or has any issues, it may not be able to connect to the internet. Try rebooting it or restoring its factory settings before reconnecting it.
If all of these measures haven’t worked and you still require help, contact either your internet service provider or Amazon support to seek assistance.
Q: Why does my Firestick indicate network disconnect?
A: When your Firestick displays “network disconnected,” this indicates it cannot connect to the internet for some reason, which could include poor Wi-Fi signal strength, interference from other devices or issues with either your router or Firestick itself.
Q: How can I fix my Firestick if it says ‘network disconnected’?
A: To fix your Firestick if it shows “network disconnected”, there are a few steps you can try:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure that your router is powered on and connected to the internet, then try restarting it if possible.
- Review your Firestick’s network settings. Verify that the correct network and password have been selected. Additionally, try altering its DNS settings if necessary.
- Restart Your Firestick To do this, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds until your Firestick shuts off, and then turn it back on – this should fix most problems with Firestick devices.
- Factory reset your Firestick. Doing this will delete all your data, so ensure to back it up beforehand. To factory reset, hold down both buttons on the remote control for about 10 seconds until it starts resetting.
*Contact Amazon Support: If the above methods fail and your problem still persists, reaching out to Amazon support may help find solutions or send you a replacement Firestick.
Q: How can I stop my Firestick from saying ‘network disconnected?
A: Here are a few things you can do to prevent your Firestick from reporting that it has no network:
To ensure optimal operation of your Firestick, place it within range of your router. Avoid power strips and surge protectors when connecting it. If there are several devices already connected to your network, try switching channels when connecting your Firestick.
Keep its software updated.