If you’re getting this “Error Reading the Rules from the Server” message in Outlook this could be a painful experience. The error could be due to a variety of reasons including connectivity issues, issues with the server or corrupted settings for rules. But, with the correct procedures for troubleshooting, you will be able to resolve this issue and get returning to Outlook without disruption. In this post we’ll walk on how needed to fix this issue.
Checking Connectivity and Server Settings
The first step to resolve your issue with “Error Reading the Rules from the Server” in Outlook is to examine your server and connectivity settings. Make sure that your computer connects to the Internet, and that Outlook is set in order to communicate with your mail server. You can check this by accessing the Outlook accounts settings, and then then checking for server configurations. If the settings on the server are not correct or you are not able access the server on your own, then you could be required to contact your email provider to fix the problem.
Disable Third-Party Add-Ins
Third-party add-ins could cause issues with Outlook and create problems like “Error Reading the Rules from the Server.” To fix this issue, try disabling any add-ins from third parties that are installed within Outlook. To accomplish this, open the Outlook options menu , and choose “Add-ins.” From there you can choose which add-ins you’d like to deactivate and then click “Disable.”
Check and Repair Corrupt Rule Settings
If the steps above don’t solve your “Error Reading the Rules from the Server” message It’s likely that your rule settings are corrupt. If this is the case you’ll have to examine and fix the broken rule settings. To accomplish this take these steps:
- Start Outlook and navigate into”File” in Outlook “File” menu.
- Choose “Manage Rules & Alerts” from the drop-down menu.
- In the window for Rules and Alerts In the Rules and Alerts window, click”Options. “Options” button.
- Choose “Export Rules” and save the rules file on your computer.
- Once you’ve saved the file with rules Once you have saved the rules file, click “Delete” to delete all the rules.
- Close and then reopen Outlook.
- Return to the “File” menu and select “Manage Rules & Alerts” once more.
- Then, select”Import Rules” and then click on “Import Rules” option and select the rules file that you previously saved.
- After the rules have been import, restart Outlook and verify whether the error message has been fixed.
Repair Outlook Data Files
If none of the steps above fix the problem it is possible to restore the Outlook information files. To repair your Outlook data files take these steps:
- Close Outlook and open your Control Panel on your computer.
- Choose “Programs and Features” and select “Microsoft Office” from the list of programs installed.
- Select the right click option on “Microsoft Office” and select “Change.”
- On the Office Setup window, select “Repair” and click “Continue.”
- The repair process will take a while to be completed, and then reboot your computer.
- Open Outlook and check if the error message is fixed.
In the end In conclusion, you can conclude that the “Error Reading the Rules from the Server” message that appears in Outlook can be solved by following the troubleshooting methods. It is essential to make sure that your connection and server settings are in order, deactivate any third-party add-ins and fix corrupt rule setting and Outlook information files. If you follow these steps, you will be able to solve the problem and be returning to working with Outlook without interruptions. We hope that this article was useful in solving this problem for you.